What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is sent from the website to your computer. It contains information about you as a user on the website to personalise your experience. For example, to determine if you are a registered user and, if so, allow you access to registration protected areas of the site or the correct user profile.
Session cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to the website and will be removed when the browser window is closed. For example, when you close your browser window the relevant authentication cookie is removed and you will need to login again the next time you visit the website.
Permanent cookies are stored for a period of time, on our platform this is typically 24 months but may vary, and are used to identify you when you return to the site. For example, your username may be remembered on the login page.
First party cookies
The following types of cookie are set by this website:
- Registration and Login - cookies are used to verify you as a user and allow you access to areas of the website depending on your permission level and user profile.
- Analytics cookies will be set to help analyse which areas of the website are visited to help us ensure that the website is effective in providing you with information.
- Operational cookies are essential for delivering the website to you, for example, to prevent undue load on any of our servers
Third party cookies
gt4 Ltd host and maintain this website. gt4 Ltd cookies are set for operational purposes only.
If this site has code from a Third Party site, the Third Party site may set Third Party cookies on your computer:
- if the page with the code is viewed, eg Google Analytics, YouTube or
- if you click the link to the Third Party site eg Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, Vimeo, AddThis.
The intrusion level of Third Party cookies vary and you should check their Privacy Policies for more details.
Please follow these instructions to remove cookies from your machine.
The following guides can help you delete cookies stored by your browser: